Friday, December 18, 2015

The Joy of Christmas

Christmas is just one week away.  I've been reminiscing on my elementary school days where we had a Christmas program and sang songs like "I'm gettin nuttin for Christmas", "Jingle Bells" and "Away in a Manger".  Those songs were always my favorite.  The ones about Christ, for that truly is who this beloved Holiday is all about.

The other night, I had two adorable missionary girls in.  Both heading out after the new year to serve the Lord.  They were here trying on lots of clothes and shoes.  We had a great time, getting to know them and hearing how excited they are for their missions.  One missionary was here with her mom, the other with her grandmother.  The two girls got talking.  At one point the grandmother came up to the register where I was and said, "I want to pay for one of that cute missionaries dresses, how do I do that?"  I told her I would just not charge the other missionary for one of her dresses, and when the grandmother came to pay for her granddaughters clothes, I would charge her for the dress.

It was the sweetest gesture.  And especially appropriate for the season we are in.  The Christmas season, where peoples hearts are a little warmer and a little bigger.   When the missionary and her mother came up to pay for their items, I quietly told them of the grandmothers kindness.  They were so shocked that a woman they'd just met would do something so kind for them.

It always touches my heart to see things like this.  And here at The Sister Shop, we see them all the time and all year round. People coming in to shop for others, or paying for others items.  I also had a lady in here just the other day to get a $50 gift card for a Sub-for-Santa present.  I get to see little miracles everyday.

I absolutely love working in a place where there is so much goodness and service. I think there is something about missionary work and service that brings people together.  It brings out the best in people.

I hope this Christmas season brings you peace and joy and time with family.  But I also hope that it puts a little more service in your heart.  I hope that you will take the time to serve those in need around you.  And that you will make service and kindness a part of your life not only in this Christmas Season, but in every season.


Found on falalalovely.blogspot.com


To learn more about The Sister Shop, visit our website
 follow us:




No comments:

Post a Comment